View Single Post
Old 09-29-20, 01:42 PM   #236
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
man i hope all goes well and the fire does not spread further.. one should think there isn't much left to burn left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Sounds extremely bad, I'm grateful we don't experience these sort of conditions in the UK.
thanks all the acreage is now at 46,250ish predominantly in a new swath not previously consumed in 2018 or or this year's LNU massive affair all fitting to the south of the even earlier Cobb Mtn inferno in the early posts of this thread. The city of Angwin, where the fire started, in addition to Calistoga, is just been ordered evacuated. Containment is still 0% with 50 homes destroyed so far. There are no known dead! The entire western slope of the Mayacamas range along the 20+ mile hwy. 12 axis to within two blocks of my daughter's downtown Santa Rosa abode is evacuated. The easterly winds are blowing it toward Buddahaid's location and the ocean. Spare-the-air is in effect...no burgers on the grill for me and my refugee guests. Fortunately, humidity/night fog is increasing and the NE winds aren't ferocious. My prospective son-in-law beer maker actually went to work 40 miles NW in Sonoma County...but it's the long way 'round with hwy 12 closed. JEEZE! Talk 'bout Roman around! He brews a 'smokey' Pliny the Elder craft beer named for the admiral/naturalist who died in 79 AD in the sulphurous vapors of Vesuvius, rescueing refugees at Pompeii...pick yer disaster preference BBY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-29-20 at 02:17 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote