View Single Post
Old 09-28-20, 11:27 AM   #231
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Thanks. All three fires are now at 12,000 acres; the NE shifty winds aren't helping, but are 5-15 mph with occasional 60mph gusts off the mtns; and the temperature will be in the 100's today. At least we now have 1,000+ ground fire crew to hand. Large mandatory evacuations are ordered. The fire at St Helena, 20 miles north of me is 1/4 mile from my daughter's museum. She's returning from a camp trip to Monterey as I post and will have to use the western Hwy 101 approach as the main Hwy 12 twixt Sonoma and her Santa Rosa home(40 miles) is completely shut down...with evacuations ordered on the Sonoma side of the Mayacamas mtn range just west of my abode, which burned terribly in 2018. It's very smokey but nuthin' my Covid mask can't handle! EDIT: my daughter's residence is barely outside the Sonoma evac warning area. She and her young man are within 10 minutes of their abode to collect his car and pack up to come to my house. What way to end a camptrip... with more camping at our place. Fortunately they're young and poor so not so much stuff! I do hope they salvage their Scotch whiskey collection!Two years ago we'd moved all our art, documents, cats and valuables to their downtown Napa apartment when the fires approached 8,000 ft....serious bugout mode 101...quid pro quo fuego! BBY

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-28-20 at 12:03 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote