View Single Post
Old 09-27-20, 04:57 AM   #12884
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Labour have moved ahead of the Conservative Party for the first time since Boris Johnson became prime minister, an opinion poll has indicated.
The survey by Opinium for The Observer newspaper gave Labour a three-point-lead over the Tories, with 42%, compared to 39%.

It suggested Labour was ahead for the first time since July 2019 - when Theresa May's time in office was nearing an end - and that there is more support for Opposition Leader Sir Keir Starmer than Mr Johnson.

The poll also found 55% of voters think Sir Keir is ready to lead the country and 40% believe Labour is equipped to form the next government.

It is the latest poll to suggest waning public confidence at Mr Johnson's - and the wider government's - handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
I can understand and agree with the lowering of public confidence regarding the handling of COVID-19 but I seriously doubt Labour are capable of doing any better.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)