View Single Post
Old 09-22-20, 10:50 AM   #9
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

I did a test mission in FotRSU last night, and on the first test run, just to make certain it worked, with 3 Betty and 3 Judy attacking the USS New Jersey (BB-62), which I (naturally) did not record, the 3rd Betty managed to drop a torpedo, which was visible on the drop, and had a nice splash. I had every intention of capturing the drop in later runs, so I did not rush over to see if I actually "saw a torpedo" underwater, but I can assure you, I have seen them shot at my sub from a Betty previously. The torpedo did impact and explode just about midship... However, subsequent runs of the scenario while recording - and the closest the 6 planes have gotten has been to "skip-plane" into the side of BB-62 after being shot down, creating minimal damage. There have been all sorts of kamikaze-type crashes into BB-62's superstructure after the planes have been basically disabled after the barrage of flak has taken them out. Using a Fletcher DD is worse, if you can imagine that... You cannot see the planes for the proximity-fused flak explosions...

In a little bit here, I'll change the mission set-up to have the planes coming in from different angles. As it is set-up now, they come in single-file, one behind the other, and thus ~ALL~ of the flak on the port side of the ship engages them and destroys them in detail, one-by-one, never having to change their aim... spread them out, pull the camera back, and I'll try it again...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote