View Single Post
Old 09-20-20, 10:09 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I think the game uses a "multiplier" to set the penalty for sinking a neutral or a friendly. Take an 800 renown reward for sinking an enemy ship, but multiply it by -1 for a neutral, and your renown "reward" becomes a -800 renown points...

Look at the Pearl Harbor wreck models in FotRSU for how CapnScurvy set them up as Environmental ships. Sim, dds, and zon files need not apply! Don't forget the cfg file in the Environmental / Sea folder!
I went ahead and changed the AIFleetboat2 I made to act as Darter but as a submarine into type 110(I think) environmental. Placed in vai mission editor at appropriate time and date. Will add the radio message. , will check it out at some point Current career am in October 1943 one year out lol so will have create a testing career to verify it is there.

One problem is Bombay Shoal is not represented in Sh 4, not reef or shallow there, just deep ocean. So had to place it in different place east of palawan on a "reef" . Ah well, it'll be a good immersion factor once works. Respond, pick up survivors, use deck gun and or torpedoes to sink the Darter. Perhaps add enemy planes or DD to have a chance of entering area.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote