Thread: [TEC] Scuttling Darter
View Single Post
Old 09-20-20, 12:07 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Part of my TMO revamp, including a radio message about the USS Darter aground in Oct 44 at correct time and place(well mostly since Bombay Shoal is not represented in SH 4 had to move it slightly) with coordinates. Players in area can arrive, the rafts with crew which can be rescued(thanks FOTRS) and orders to scuttle Darter once crew rescued.

Now, knowing player will lose career for destroying a friendly vessel, can't have the AI fleetboat representing Darter be a friendly unit. So added a AI fleetboat renamed USS Darter to environmental file. Problem is, it never shows up. All the entries etc are correct. Kind of like icebergs, never see them lol.

Ay ideas? Quick fixes? Perhaps change it to a neutral country? Russia? I forget if get in trouble for sinking neutral. Believe I accidentally sunk a Russian freighter in night surface attack off La Perouse Strait years back but forget if were any consequences.

Propbeanie. Others modders. Suggestions?
the date thing can be tough to troubleshoot.

sometimes, it is something simple. PM me the definition you are using, whether it is a dotMIS or Cfg, and i'll eyeball it.

you can sink a neutral and not get into too much trouble.

the trouble starts when you sink a lot of neutrals. this was more of an ATO issue because the US participated in WWII for 2+ years as a "neutral". the Comsubpac and Cominch did not worry a lot about this in the PTO.

anyway, i could swear there was a CFG file that determined how much negative was associated with own-kills and neutral-kills but i cannot find it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote