View Single Post
Old 09-20-20, 11:44 AM   #1849
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

First off, kudos for the colorful sonar lines - greatly appreciated!

Second, the AI boost (both mods) is a very welcome improvement. Encountering a certain TF in mid-December 1941 is suddenly interesting again after the first salvo impacts. The following ships still slow down but are more evasive and the DDs are now a threat.

Oddities:
- For the first time in my entire SH4 career, the seas have been too rough for almost all gunnery action. One crab boat actually sank before we could reach it and the Large Tanker we encountered next had its port rail almost submerged. A single torpedo was enough to sink it. Conditions are similar on the second patrol, although with one calm period to demonstrate its not a permanent environmental change.

- Once in each patrol, the sub has stopped at a plotted turn at high TC for no obvious reason. I haven't seen that before.

- On one Single Mission and one career patrol, we were in extremely close range and taken under fire before the ships were sighted. I realize this may be related to the single sensor issues PB has mentioned before, although the enemy TF in the Single Mission didn't spot us early either as they didn't fire until we were within 1000 meters.

- CTDs are cropping up in the second patrol but in an entirely new manner: the game/replay loads, begins to play for a couple of seconds, then CTDs. Always before it simply fails to load. At this point I can only assume my recurrent CTD issues are Win10 Pro related.

Thanks to the entire team for your hard work.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote