View Single Post
Old 09-18-20, 07:30 AM   #1831
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The Tambor comes with a bow-mounted deck gun. If you had previously moved it though, it should still move back. Always check your crew page after doing anything with the guns. An upgrade to a new boat is an unknown quantity after moving guns... As for a Gato with no gun and a 50 cal, it should come "new" in June 1942 with a 20mm single and a Bow-mount 3". Had you moved the Gar boat's gun though? and had you moved your crew off of the gun positions prior to docking? The Gato shows being available April 20, 1942 at Midway, and has missions.

For both of you though, need the mod lists...
I had the exact same experience with a brand-new Balao out of Midway, but I have no details saved - it came with no deck gun and only a .50 Cal AA gun. Alas, I deleted that career after being sunk by a vicious IJN DD . I thought it strange at the time but figured the team had decided that deck guns were virtually useless against armed anything so had dropped them. Now I see that it may not have been deliberate! Have fun with this one!

Oh, and I can assure you that I had not tried to move a deck gun on any boat in that or any previous career since around Version 1. Just took it as it came. And there were zero crew slots for a deck gun.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote