View Single Post
Old 09-17-20, 11:44 PM   #1
Terminal Lance
Nub

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Icon8 Just had 6 torpedo failures in a row. Bad luck or am I doing something wrong?

I need some thoughts on wtf just happened here. Currently in my career it is january 1941. I am hunting with a class IXC near the canary islands. I just encountered a standard british passenger/cargo ship. I line up for an attack at a 90 degree angle like usual and decide to fire a salvo of 2 G7e torpedoes.

Now, i am relatively new to the game but i am slowly improving, and Ive done plenty of simple attacks like this and even managed to pull off a few night time/ bad weather convoy attacks with hitting multiple targets, SO I know at least how to shoot.

Target depth 7.8m, and I opt for impact fuses because I am pretty sure the magnetic fuses havent been fixed yet in jan 1941 (i could be wrong). I set my depth to 3m and fire. Both torpedos go right underneath the target but they inexplicably traveled at like 12m.

Ok. ****. Thats a malfunction. I break off and stalk for another couple of hours and lineup for another attack, this time even closer (like 900m) and I fire AGAIN at a 90 degree angle.

Once again both torpedos go below the god damn ship wayyy too deep. Now im thinking wtf thats 4 malfunctions in a row. I quickly adjust for a stern shot after more stalking and this time i opt for a magnetic fuze because why not?

Torpedo sails right under, again too deep. I re adjust and fire a 6TH SHOT and this time it rides perfectly near the surface and it literally just bounces off the side.

6 shots in a row, 6 perfect timings, 6 failed torpedos. My skipper is probably losing his damn mind,
Terminal Lance is offline   Reply With Quote