View Single Post
Old 09-15-20, 06:24 PM   #1
csbeau1969
Guppy

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
SHO Hello, nice to connect

Hi all,

Hello, and nice to meet you via the forums. I was fortunate to come across this community (recently anyway, I may have come across it in the BBS days as well) due to getting (back) into a number of war games; Cold Waters, Command Modern Operations, DCS and Il-2 Battles. I enjoy learning the mechanics and strategy side and regularly shift between each and other games/genres.

I have been using simulations and gaming for decades now going back to Harpoon, 688i, Falcon series, and numerous Jane's titles. I have even had some experience with other simulations that were not "for public use." That said, I am a bit rusty these days due to work the past two+ decades.

In the real world, I served in the U.S. Navy from 1987 to 1998 as both enlisted (MM3) and officer (USNA '93, O-3) in the submarine force (SSBNs). Since then, I have been in both US and global companies and more recently in the startup sector.

I will check the forums from time to time, and hope to make some good connections but have to warn that I may come and go over relatively long periods of time due to work/life.

All the best,

Chris
csbeau1969 is offline   Reply With Quote