View Single Post
Old 09-14-20, 10:04 AM   #10590
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Do you consider "family values" & "law and order" to be lofty principles? would you like to live in a society that doesnt value them at all ? I very much doubt it since with out them there is no 'society' just 'survival'. :P They are good principles and we would not be here without them, but they are also such obvious principles they shouldn't need polticians to re-enforce them. Because we cannot survive as speices with out them.

But, yes hypocrisy is common. If you want to find examples of that from either Dems or Reps, you would never run out of ammunition.

I wasn't arguing "family values" & "law and order" weren't lofty principle; I was, however, stating if you are going to claim principles and/or their defense, you had better be prepared to actually be enforcing adherence to those principles; "family values" are not being defended or upheld when your 'flag-bearer' has a very long and sordid history of moral depravity nor is "law and order" being honored when that same 'flag-bearer' has an equally long history of skirting and breaking the law and continues to be the target of numerous criminal investigations; let's face it: Trump is so desperate to stay in office not because he feels a calling to civic duty, but more because he knows the certainty is he will be doing a perp walk once he out from behind the shield of the office...

Yes, "family values" & "law and order" are "such obvious principles they shouldn't need polticians to re-enforce them", but when those politicians use those principles as an argument for their careers and their party, then we should really expect them to actually serve as an example of their espoused principles...

If you're gonna claim to be an animal lover, kicking a dog in public ain't a great idea...

It occurred to me that the DEMs have maybe actually gotten it right; they don't tend to campaign or claim based of lofty principles, they tend to deal with specific issues; they don't have to defend equivocations based on claimed virtues, something the GOP might want to consider: less platitudes, more specificity and provable results...

<O>