View Single Post
Old 09-09-20, 08:41 PM   #1425
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Workaround I had in mind was for if SH3 was accessed through Steam... so no go there.. you got disk. which, to be frank, no clue there.

As for you having a back up copy of SH3... if it is to where you don't have to have the disk in to play it, then another idea I have... may.. just may work.

Taking that copy & making a copy of its guts (meaning all the files/folders & such, located inside the main folder.. that is.. aka guts..) it may be possible to then paste those into a folder, on your main drive otherwise known of as C:\

Best solution would be to create a whole brand new folder, so as to avoid installing SH3 inside either \Program files or \Program files (x86)

i.e.

C:\Games\SH3\GWX or C:\Games\SH3\LSH3 or in your case, as you did mention of wanting to do both:
C:\Games\SH3\GWX
" " " " " " \LSH3 (hopefully you can follow what I've outlined here... \GWX & \LSH3 folders are in the root folder \SH3)

Then it is just a matter of pasting the guts from the back up copy into each of these folders & then modding accordingly to the directions...

Hope this helps.. & succeeds...

M. M.

Hi Madigan,

I think I understand what you are saying. But to be sure, let me explain what I have now on my PC and what I think you are proposing.

My Current Install of SH3 modded with GWX is in the following folder on my D drive:

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII

If I understand correctly, you are saying leave that install with GWX alone and do the following:

1) Make a folder on my C: drive and label it:

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3

2) Copy all the folders and files from my clean install of SH3 into the LHS3 folder listed above

3) Install LHS3 over the clean install of SH3 located in the LHS3 folder. The result will be LSH3 in:

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3

So my PC will end up with two totally different installs:

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII (containing SH3 modded with GWX)

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3 (containing SH3 modded with LSH3)

Will that work?

Gary
Ruzbasan is offline   Reply With Quote