View Single Post
Old 09-09-20, 07:16 PM   #1788
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I have been trying for over an hour (real time) in the USS Sargo (SS-188) to replicate, although I do not have the "450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability" mod. I would say try and remove that, then try again - but it might be too late and the Save data is already corrupt. Either that, or do not scroll around to 340... Are you on the surface, or submerged for the CTD? I have tried both, both with and without sonar contacts on the map. I have even had a contact that I could see lighting the green light, but could barely hear, and asked to sonarman the range to target, and got 33890 yards... I've pinged targets and gotten ranges just fine. I have turned my boat to where the same target was close to the 340 relative and been fine. I of course, only have one ship sunk thus far in my attempts, but I am off Cam Ranh Bay, and have had to dodge two IJN subs already... - and I encountered a Shinshu Maru transport group, as well as a small task force, both headed southwest, and both of which almost took me out of the game. I did manage to sink one small transport, and could possibly have had more if not for the duds... but anyway, I have not had any issues with the Sargo and sonar during testing thus far. I will keep trying though, as well as in the other boats, since they all use the same gear for the most part...
When I started this career I first unloaded all mods from JSGME, and deleted both the Save and Rich Save folders from the SH4 Documents folder. Then, started a new career with the patch and above Mods applied. It is "possible" that there was some residual in what was left in the SH4 files that could cause a problem, although the Sonar station seems a funny place to have a conflict. I also reused the career Captain's name, which might also affect something.

My solution is this: I will delete the SH4 game folder completely, copy over a new Pristine version v1.5, and reestablish the game per normal protocols. That will give me a completely clean test bed for v1.21 (or v1.2p as downloaded) from which to see if I can get past the funky sonar station issue I encountered. To keep things even I will use exactly the same mods as before in an attempt to limit the variables. I'll let you know. Meanwhile, i wouldn't spend any more time on it until I can see what happens in the new version.

Thanks!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote