Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: SH3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzbasan View Post
Hi Mad Mardigan,

My source for SHIII is the DVD version that has the most recent patch and does not have the starforce (?) copy protection. It also does not require a serial number.

I also have a clean install of SHIII in a folder on a seperate drive.

Gary
Workaround I had in mind was for if SH3 was accessed through Steam... so no go there.. you got disk. which, to be frank, no clue there.

As for you having a back up copy of SH3... if it is to where you don't have to have the disk in to play it, then another idea I have... may.. just may work.

Taking that copy & making a copy of its guts (meaning all the files/folders & such, located inside the main folder.. that is.. aka guts..) it may be possible to then paste those into a folder, on your main drive otherwise known of as C:\

Best solution would be to create a whole brand new folder, so as to avoid installing SH3 inside either \Program files or \Program files (x86)

i.e.

C:\Games\SH3\GWX or C:\Games\SH3\LSH3 or in your case, as you did mention of wanting to do both:
C:\Games\SH3\GWX
" " " " " " \LSH3 (hopefully you can follow what I've outlined here... \GWX & \LSH3 folders are in the root folder \SH3)

Then it is just a matter of pasting the guts from the back up copy into each of these folders & then modding accordingly to the directions...

Hope this helps.. & succeeds...

M. M.