View Single Post
Old 09-05-20, 12:14 PM   #2127
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I put it here in this football related thread-even though it isn't about English football. They are mentioned in the article

I found it very interesting I have used translate.

"
The Danish national team's great hypocrisy

The national football team, together with the English national team, will kneel against racism and for Black Lives Matter on Tuesday. The jokes are consequently queuing up on social media.

There are two problems in misery.

One is the hypocrisy that both the Danish and the English national team expose. For what about racism and slavery in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the Middle East? Do the same players intend to show up in 2022 for the World Cup in Qatar, whose new stadiums have been built by slave laborers from Nepal and India, several thousand of whom died during the work?
Yes, obviously.

With this, the players - and Dansk Boldspil Union with the slogan ‘A Part of Something Bigger’ - will in a figurative sense kneel before racist and oppressed regimes. From where billions of kroner every year are transferred to European football clubs. There is apparently agreement to stick to being against American police brutality, some statues as well as some old movies.

This brings me to the second problem. And no, that's not a euphemism for something else, but it is also true that Black Lives Matter exists in dubious versions.

On the other hand, the Danish national football team, by kneeling against racism, opens a door that cannot be closed again. Should the national team then e.g. not also brought into the stadium under a rainbow flag? And what about all the other worthy, universal human affairs? How about running twice around the track in honor of the fight against naming Inuit as 'Eskimos'? What about Save the Children, the Red Cross, the fight against global warming and support for saving the rainforest?

Can't the national team beat a bucket for them?

Which, by the way, reminds me of another DBU slogan: 'Together against homophobia'. On the occasion of UEFA and the DBU's anti-homophobic set of rules

In Qatar, there is the death penalty for homosexuality.

Is there a politically correct form of expression to cover up the contradiction that one likes to play for regimes that kill homosexuals, but whistle everything when shouting 'gay ass' in domestic football stadiums?

Is there a politically correct form of expression to cover up the contradiction that one likes to kneel against racism when it comes to African-Americans, Afro-English and Afro-Danes, but bends the neck when Nepalese perish in gruesome and systematic exploitation in Qatar ?

If DBU has any answers, I would like to hear from them.
"

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote