View Single Post
Old 09-02-20, 02:15 PM   #39
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I agree with your conclusions.

I was disappointed in it too (we re talking about SF2 right?). I did not buy Shock Force, but bit on SF2, and while I like it, that's mostly down to never playing the original. If I had I would have been more disappointed.

Battlefront need a complete revolution with their design and roadmap. Re-releasing Shock Force to me is a sign that the well is dry. That was a lot of work to basically give us the same game again. The engine changes are minor in the grand scheme, and anyway only affected a very small bit of the available content, most of which is still SF1-level.

I'm a long-time player, going back to the original CMBO demo, and I'm done buying new products until there's a major change. I have no compelling reason to buy new, the many titles I already own are more than enough when I want a CM fix.

I still think that the tactical battlefield is the best of its kind, and I have high praise for WEGO, spotting, C2 and ballistics. But virtually everything else is outdated or substandard, including but not limited to AI, campaign system, UI, camera, editor, QMB, graphics and more. I may have made these same points further up the thread, but there ya go.

Battlefront need to get with the times. They have fallen behind. As a long time player this is not good, but it's been the case for a decade at least. And it's OK, it's their product and they can do as they wish. And there is plenty of gaming to keep me going without Combat Mission.