View Single Post
Old 08-27-20, 06:34 PM   #74
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
Glass cockpits never caught my interest the same way steam gauges do. They were good enough for the pioneers so who am I to complain! As for aircrafts, I still hope to see helicopters but for those I would really like to get 60+ FPS. 40 is great for airplanes but for helis it's like having the cyclic stirring a pot of mud. Not really enjoyable. Anyway next vacation payout should land me a 2080ti or better! Oh and someone better make an Alouette II pack like the one for fsx.

Edit: Setup will include

ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 DUAL EVO OC
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING motherboard
60 FPS? Thats a good one, if you mean 4K. Many people insist that not 4K means "unplayable", that is nonsense, of course, but some people are like this. I run full HD, and I indeed get 60 fps both at medium and high settings, with the GA planes I so far have flown.

In 4K and at ultra you will not get 60 fps with any of today's hardware. Probably not even at high settings. It also depends on the CPU, not just the GPU, and I red today that the sim does not support, efficiently at least, more than 6 cores. Whether that includes or excludes HT, they did not say. But the memory quality also is important, somebody wrote. You want fast RAM.

If they ever give it DX12, that will reshuffle cards, most likely.

=============

Thank God finally a plane with a normal cockpit that normal people can understand.
www keyboard