View Single Post
Old 08-14-20, 07:40 AM   #10103
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
Then where are your posts calling out Trump on anything he's done wrong in your opinion? I won't hold my breath. All I have seen in the last 4 years were, sometimes more, sometimes less tenuous justifications how everything he does is fine, or pointing "over there" to distract.

Look I never said Ms Harris can do no wrong, or trying to justify anything she said, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy on display.
Fair point. I'm sure you have read about internet tribalism:

Quote:
“It turns out that human beings are not wired to be logical creatures that pursue objective truth.” Rauch notes. “We’re wired to be tribal creatures that try and ingratiate ourselves with our group and improve our status within that group. The way we do that is displaying outrage, anger, and hostility to the other group.”
You won't find many people who aren't solidly locked into their tribe, not on the internet, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
But I don't think that he has done anything wrong, at least not worth mentioning especially in this forum filled with a larger than average contingent of Trump and US hating nuts as it is.
Oh man, this forum actually has a smaller than average collection of Trump bashers. Ever hear of Reddit, Facebook, Instagram? Somethingawful? One of the forums I frequented since 2004, Quartertothree, banned me because I referred to covid19 as "Wuhan flu" and would not apologize for it. That forum has a ton of users and activity, all of it virulently anti-Trump.

There's a forum my gf visits, Lipstick alley, and the Trump hate is the whole thing.

We have members who laugh at Trump and despise him, but only a few who routinely post. Honestly, I think the ratio here is pretty good. We want guys with opposing viewpoints to keep us grounded.