Old 08-12-20, 04:08 PM   #10073
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

She doesn't look black ... Jamaican and Indian I think

Not sure if that means American Indian or perhaps her mother was from India.

"Kamala Devi Harris was born on October 20, 1964, in Oakland, California.[3] Her mother, Shyamala Gopalan, was a breast-cancer scientist who had emigrated from Tamil Nadu, India in 1960 to pursue a doctorate in endocrinology at UC Berkeley.[11] Her father, Donald J. Harris, is a Stanford University emeritus professor of economics, who emigrated from British Jamaica in 1961 for graduate study in economics at UC Berkeley. In a 2018 article written in Jamaica Global, Donald Harris claimed to be a descendant of slave owner Hamilton Brown. (...) Kamala Harris identifies simply as "American" " - Wikipedia.

In my book, she is not "black". Nor was Obama "black". Both are "Mischlinge", I am not certain on the correct English word, some translations seem to refer to animal breeding exclusively, so I skip the attempt to translate into English. Black in my book are Africans, especially near the equatorial region. Technically Northern Africans in Marocco or Tunisia are Africans, too - but I would never describe them as "black people".