Old 08-10-20, 06:58 PM   #1622
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1124
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelintel View Post
Hi All,

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out before but I noticed an inconsistency in the rendering for the Battlecruiser Graf Spee Class. At first I thought there were dark tarps covering aft sections of the ship. However, upon closer examination, it appears three of the gun turrets are 'blacked' out. This same peculiarity occurs in the museum as well as in the game for both FOTRS-UE, V1.0.1gEN and FOTRS-UE, V1.1 EN. However, the glitch does not appear in SH4 V 1.5 without either mega mod.

Game screenshot from FOTRS-UE, V1.1 EN

I used the museum in FOTRS-UE, V1.1 EN for more closeup screenshots below when I went back and noticed the anomaly in the above game screenshot that I had previously saved.

For comparison, I took screenshots from SH4 V1.5 with TMO 2.5. Incidentally, the only difference in the ship rendering from SH4 V1.5 without the mega mod, TMO 2.5, is that the water and sky would appear less vibrant and washed out. Otherwise, the ship rendering appears identical to those as shown below.

Although a minor glitch, I hope it can be fixed so it doesn't detract from the rest of the wonderful artwork when the ship appears elsewhere in the mega mod. I haven't noticed any other visual anomalies (blacked out portions) with the ship renderings in FOTRS-UE, V1.1 EN, thus for now, they all look terrific and I'm enjoying the 'renaissance' of one of my favorite vintage games!

Navelintel
I'm on it... Standby !

----------------------------------
***Update***

Right, this has caused me no ends of problems, no matter what I did, no matter what switch I turned on or off, no matter what "test" models I used, the gun would always have the same outcome, unless I deleted the Unified Render Controller, then the gun would appear, but the ship would turm gold !!! This went back and forth for hours on end.
I even imported the TMO version, and other versions from other SH mods as it "worked" in it's own game, but as soon as it entered the FotRSU ports, I hit the same effect at each turn...

So I have cloned the NCA_Deutschland, changed the ID's, given it a new skin with a slight green razzle dazzle, it's own badge and vola = NBC_GrafSpee is reborn.

@ Daniel, this is a direct copy from the NCA_Deutschland, and the only changes are the skin, badge & fixing of the rear torpedo tubes on both models.. - PM me if you need the dats please..

Last edited by s7rikeback; 08-12-20 at 03:41 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote