View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 12:47 PM   #1613
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Unfortunately this is very common. It is common to get into a situation where your latest save cannot be loaded (even with restarting the game and your system), nor, suddenly, can the last several. I've had to go all the way back to the start of a patrol before, due to this.

No real fix for it. It's best to play until you are back to home port, or at least nearby. I haven't done a scientific study, but in general it seems like you get a corrupted save (which then corrupts many/all previous saves) less often, when you are in the middle of nowhere with nothing going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
what you experienced is not uncommon.
SH4 was written for Win-XP and we are....how many releases Post-XP?

the best action i can recommend, because this is what I do when it happens to me, is to reboot. and then fire-up Task Manager and terminate every unnecessary process.
then try and reload the SH4 game again.

sometimes, this process does not work which means that SH4 saved a corrupted file for you. this happens from time to time and there is not a damn thing you (we) can do about it.

Well that sucks,

Anyways, I restarted my patrol over and completed a few patrols from yesterday and today. It works fine now.
I have a bug to report though,

I am now in the USS Balao, its October 19, 1943 in Convoy College (Luzon Straits). I came across a Large Ocean Liner in a small convoy, two torpedoes hit and sank her. I wanted to watch her sink, but she stopped like she hit the bottom, but where we are it is well past 1,000 feet. If you look closely, smoke is still coming out of the funnels, like she is a zombie ship. Yet you can see lifeboats in the background.
I have no clue on how to describe the position the ship is in.
Eventually the DDs gave up on trying to find me and I came back a few days later in game time and the ship was gone, which, I hope is normal.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote