View Single Post
Old 08-07-20, 09:42 AM   #15
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMate View Post
I'm hijacking this thread a bit but I wanted to ask why I shouldn't mod the original installation? In the worst case scenario can't I just delete the folder and reinstall?

Thanks
Yes you can, but it is a lot easier and faster to Delete (not uninstall) the current version, and then just copy a "pristine" originally installed version from another place on a hard drive.

I installed a clean version of SH4 v1.5 to my game drive, then copied it to a different drive "as is". That became my "pristine" version. I could then add mods to the installed version (not the "pristine" copy) all I want. If I decide to start over, I simply delete the SH4 folder and all its contents from the Documents folder, then delete the game I don't want anymore, then copy the pristine version back to the game folder. I also rerun Large Address Aware. Very simple, and doesn't disturb any Windows settings since you did not do an "uninstall".

Of course, if you want to do it the hard way, uninstall the game you 've been running, delete the SH4 folder from Documents, and reinstall the game from whatever original media you have., taking care NOT to install it in one of the Program Files folders that Windows wants to use. Then you have to also rerun Large Address Aware.

Either way will work, but the delete/copy method works best for me. Have fun!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote