View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 08:56 PM   #3
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0

I have some interest in this as well. Kind-of sort of... maybe.

I am playing SH-IV with TMO and RSRD-Campaign and a couple of other minor mods.

I recently had an idea where I would start a campaign from the beginning in a Tambor or Gar class boat, and then just play as I normally would. Then when I am offered the command of a new sub I will just stop playing that campaign and start a new one in the sub class of my choosing, which would be a Gato class. This would solve 2 problems, but unfortunately create a new one.

First - It would solve the deck gun crew slots dispersing since this would be a brand new campaign, and not an "upgrade" from a sub with an aft deck gun to another one with a forward deck gun.

B - I would be getting a brand new crew with my brand new boat. I am almost 100% sure that when a Captain gets orders to take command of a new sub his whole crew doesn't follow along with him. Wouldn't that be a logistical nightmare if they did?

The new problem it would create is that any medals and promotions that I had received while in command of the first boat would not follow along with me to the next one.

So I am wondering if there is a way to kind of 'cut and paste' in a captain from one boat to another. And when I say 'cut and paste' I mean that in a figurative way, and not in a literal one, unless it would literally work literally. In that case cool..... literally.

I apologize if I have broken any SUBSIM message board etiquette rules here by intruding in on subdizzle question. I just saw the header and read the post and thought that it was similar to something i was thinking about, so I figured I would do this rather then start a whole new thread.

As always I would be very thankful for any info you or anyone could give me.