Old 08-06-20, 03:05 PM   #53
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
For me, I have a heavily modified FotRSU (naturally) that I am attempting to test for compatibility with a few other mods, and with the "Upscaling Textures" installed, the daylight colors and contrast seem to be too dark, with loss of detail in the shadows. Also, the minimal testing I've done thus far, seems to alter the AI response from AI ships - but I think it is an environment thing, since there aren't any AI files in your mod of course. What I get though, is a near-instantaneous response when within gun range of the ships, including torpedo launches within a couple of seconds, instead of 30+ seconds. Also, it seems to take more torpedoes to sink ships, but that might be attributable to the rushed state of shooting at ships when in close, having to hurry when in close... lol

Most of the above could well be the interaction between mods in my current set-up, and overall, this version has a much smaller impact on the computer's 'efficiency' and has less impact on the game running smoothly. Other than the loss of detail in the shadows when on the bridge, it looks beautiful. I would be interested to see if others find a difference in the AI response with the environment applied.
Hey propbeanie,

Did a small testing of mod thus far, with FotRSU, which I, like you have somewhat heavily modded with additional mods... Can report, that I used a schooling mission, just as a test bed to begin with... & found an interesting quirk, when I ran it.

The test school mission, was the 1 in which you undergo torpedo training...

The vict.. erhm, torpedo test dummy.. (yeah, *chuckles* that's the ticket... torpedo test dummy... ) was a Light or medium cruiser, I got sight of them, set up for a 3 fish send off... 2 set for impact det, depth about 3 feet below the water, the 3rd & final torp, set up for mag det, about 3 feet beneath the keel... in a staggered formation 1st fish sent off, impact, 2nd the mag det set fish, followed lastly by the 2nd fish set for impact...

End results... disappointment beyond belief.

The Mag det, did indeed proceed as was its designed path, the depth I set it for... but.. NO detonation... it just continued sailing off into the sun set.. the 2 that were set up for impact... sailed clean through the ship... & following their mag set brother in arms...

I watched all this through the free roam cam, after I dropped scope, proceeded to go deep & quiet.

The cruiser in question... sailed on, oblivious to the fact, that I had even attacked it...

I figured this had to be a fluke.. so I shrugged it off & proceeded to test how things looked & all in a career mode setting.. thus far, as before with Op. Monsun testing.. all looks as it should thus far. Only light I have yet to be able to cross check & know is fixed, is the search light. Everything else light issue wise, looks to be cleared out.

As for the torps acting that way with enemy targets, I've yet to know of. The reason, is explained below..

I do have FotRSU, with the Pre Pearl mod added in, to very good success on it working with FotRS v1.1 + the patch. As it is, am in the early couple of days just before Peaarl gets plastered, & am on a training mission just North of Manilla, did get a radio message to keep an eye out for IJN movements & report back on them, as it goes, am to return to port & figure by the time I do.. Pearl will have been attacked & should begin combat patrols.

If all goes as planned,& the mods cleared for official full on release, would like to see of adding this into the 'WDAD' mega & eventually, as soon as there is a release of it, the IJN mega 'Climb Mt. Niitaka', as well... I'm considering doing a work up of the 'SubRon group 51'... I believe it was... at some point & maybe see of adding it in to that 1, as well.. but, that's off in the future for now.. just on the drawing board, as it were...

Any way, that's the end results I've had with FotRSU with DrJ's mod added in to it.

M. M.