View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 02:06 PM   #9
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Okay, I thought of that blast myself considering rooms, okay - but roofs? Not even on small, low buildings? Its the ideal shooting position for such weapons: targetting the vehicles vulnerable top, and maybe benefitting from limited uowards viewing of the target, and limited upwards engagement angles of the vehicle's weapons, namely huge gun barrels (the Russian tanks in Ossetia 2008 suffered from that problem: to not being able to engage targets in very close, nearby high block buildings that fired on them from the upper floors, both main gun and coaxial were affected by the elevation limit, they lost quite some tanks due to that, I recall).

It was my impression in that bscenario that it was the building itself, the low walls around flat roofs, that confused the AI. Even more so since I had US troops very well shooting from roofs. The AI did noit even shoot at far away distance, with the laucnh trajectory and view being almost horizontally, and not steep down. The sam eunit ma yhave fired with small arms fire at the same time the sam epsotiin wa snot used by Panzerfaust Shooters.

But anyhow, maybe I get carried away, its a 13 years old game, and playing it is years ago for me, so - forget it. I get the new version and see how it goes.