View Single Post
Old 07-28-20, 04:33 PM   #3370
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
1945 "Elevator girl" Betty Lou Oliver survives falling 75 stories after fog causes a US bomber B-25 plane to crash into the Empire State Building, breaking the cables supporting the elevator she was operating. This remains a world record for the longest survived elevator fall.
One wonders; if the British air attack on Taranto which inspired Yamamoto's attack on Pearl Harbor didn't similary affect Mr Atta with his attack on the World trade center on 9/11.... 56 years later: My grandfather was in the Empire State Building in 1945; My best college friend/dorm-mate was killed on the hundredth floor of Building one on 9/11; and an uncle escaped from building two; My sister-in-law directed the escapes from nearby building seven https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_World_Trade_Center which was also severly damaged from the seismic impact of collapsing buildings one and two...but attention-wise was (understandably) overlooked by the greater disaster to the two main buildings.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-28-20 at 05:21 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote