View Single Post
Old 07-19-20, 01:09 PM   #3265
GWX Player
Swabbie

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

My version of Sh3 is the 2005 DVD when I believe Starforce was called something else. I don't even remember the name.

Perhaps I am wrong about what I am about to say next, but try it. It is my understanding that the "H.sie_V16B1-Patch-Kit" will patch your game's original executable. But I am not sure about "Starforce" version.

Download the "H.sie_V16B1-Patch-Kit". It is a zip file. Create a folder on your desktop, and place this zip file in it. Unzip it and place a copy of your game's executable in that same folder. Don't cut and paste your executable--copy and paste it instead. Run the "Patch_SH3" batch file (this is one of the files that got unzipped). This should patch your executable to version 1.6B1 and makes a backup of your original executable that is renamed "sh3.old". Keep your original executable safe (the one that is still in your game's installation folder). Save it somewhere else or make a folder in your game's installation folder that you name something like "ORIGINAL EXECUTABLE-DON'T DELETE", and save it there. Now, if the Patch Kit successfully patched your executable, place this new executable in your game's installation folder. Launch the game using this "new" executable.

If it does work, then you can read the "H.sie_V16B1-Patch-Kit" documentation to get h.sie Supplement to V16B1 working as a mod (and it's 4Gbyte patch which is necessary for some of the newest mods to work).

Everything I mentioned is from the great work of the modders that created them and their explanations on how to implement them--as well as checking out the great Subsim forums when I still couldn't understand what to do to get these mods working.

I hope everything goes smoothly with your automotive endeavors and with your sub simming.

Last edited by GWX Player; 07-19-20 at 02:20 PM.
GWX Player is offline   Reply With Quote