View Single Post
Old 07-18-20, 02:43 AM   #1
cheeky_kaleun
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default What did you do with my battlecruisers, Beatty!?

I've been having a tremendous amount of fun with the game Jutland and I just wanted to post some comments on here. I actually purchased it 12 years ago but didn't really have much interest then and my computer wasn't really up to it.

I tried to re-download last year, they use their own proprietary Steam-type program, and it was all too much trouble. I saw others say on here that the company had abandoned the game. I can absolutely confirm they haven't, I tried again a couple of weeks ago, the support people were super helpful and I've spent the last two weeks blasting away at the High Seas Fleet. I was just playing Jutland yesterday from the start of the battlecruiser engagement. I did actually manage to trap Hipper's battlecruisers and annihilate them, but at huge cost.

I boxed Hipper in from the south with Beatty's battlecruisers, and from the west with Evan-Thomas's Queen Elizabeths, and then Hood's 3rd Battlecruiser Squadron sailed south to cut them off at the east. Destroyers and light cruisers in the van of the Grand Fleet sailed south to cut them from the north. It was a total and absolute bloodbath. Admiral Beatty was killed and only Queen Mary and Tiger survived out those six battlecruisers. Only one of Hood's battlecruisers survived. While I had Hipper's battlecruisers boxed in (those ships take a hell of a beating), light cruisers and destroyers launched waves of torpedo and gun attacks from the north.

All this time, I'm trying to get the main line of the Grand Fleet in order, which only gives me more respect for how Jellicoe reformed his squadrons into a single continuous battle line. It's hard! I also lost four armoured cruisers and 22 destroyers, but I did completely sink Scheer's battlecruisers. At that point, I see the van of sixteen German dreadnoughts sailing over the southern horizon in perfect battle line . Can only imagine what Jellicoe must have been thinking.

As you can see below, HMS Barham is not in great shape although this is the point at which all the German battlecruisers have been sunk, and the High Seas Fleet is now just sailing over the horizon from the south in perfect battle order

cheeky_kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote