View Single Post
Old 07-14-20, 03:16 PM   #17
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
(are you allowed to use Red and conservative together? Oh, wait, ... yes, GOP states are Red states... might also explain the GOP fixation on appeasing Putin... ...)

https://www.npr.org/2014/11/13/36376...tes-come-to-be

But I agree it's retarded to call the conservative "Red" states, the liberals are the more closely aligned to commies and always have been. Some day we need to flip the Red/Blue category and get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
The whole conservative "Hollywood hates us, boo hoo... ..."... is a red herring (are you allowed to use Red and conservative together? Oh, wait, ... yes, GOP states are Red states... might also explain the GOP fixation on appeasing Putin... ...); In Hollywood there is no Blue or Red at the core: the only color is green. If you put butts in the seats, eyes on the screens, and bucks in the banks, they really don't care about the politics of the actors, directors, etc.; there are plenty of conersvatives in Hollywood, many of them very prominent:

<O>
Oh, I don't agree one bit. Maybe you have to be conservative to notice but Hollywood is so left it's almost off the chart. The actors, the characters they play, the stories the movies tell, all super liberal point of view.

There are a few conservatives in Lala land, but not many. I can think of two, Tim Allen and Bruce Willis. And even they are super cagey about what they say publicly, they have to be, it's public execution time if they step too far out of line.

Yeah, they worship $Green$ but their identity is Left.

Artists are almost always liberal, it comes with the territory of avoiding real work and being an artist. I'm not blaming them for wanting to act in a $200 million feature film over working in a meat packing plant or rebuilding transmissions. But that out-there lifestyle insulates them from the flyover middle America, they cannot relate.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote