View Single Post
Old 07-14-20, 01:58 PM   #16
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
..Cooper was just as much of a '"sex and drugs and rock 'n roll" animal as the must libertine liberals on the scene; I've seen more than a few of some of the better known conservative celebrities debauched with the best of them over the decades I've lived in Hollywood; its all about the bucks, not the politics...
I'm not getting your point. Are you saying that conservatives are just as wild and crazy as liberals? I never knew that.

Quote:
The Hollywood conservatives are doing remarkably well and their grumblings are either political posturings or they really are big snowflakes...
And so what would you call the grumbling of Hollywood liberals? Seems to me there is an awful lot of posturing and virtue signaling going on as well as political activism. Are they snowflakes as well?

And you still didn't say what you thought of what Ricky Gervais said. Oh you said what you thought of him but that wasn't the question.

Quote:
..in the end, why would conservatives or liberals really care about what he says..
Because he was speaking for everyone.

“If you’re mildly left-wing on Twitter you’re suddenly Trotsky. If you’re mildly conservative you’re Hitler and if you’re centrist and you look at both arguments, you’re a coward and they both hate you.”

Any thoughts?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote