View Single Post
Old 07-11-20, 10:38 AM   #596
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What I am wondering though, is were you based at Lorient, and assigned the Fremantle mission from there while you were in the IXA? That would mean that you "fell through" the mod's missions and end up with a "default" SH4 v1.5 Pacific assignment for a IXD2 boat. We can fix that for Fifi. As for finishing the war in a IXB, that won't happen, but after August of 1944, you might end up in a IXC to finish it out, or be offered another XXI or XXIII, which you can refuse again.

Yes, the mod requires the German "side", which is only available in v1.5 of course...
Can answer this now. Have been based at Lorient the last few years of the war, but as it's now August 1944 probably not too much longer.

Just got upgraded to a IXC. Immediately sent to photograph Fremantle. Third trip. Orders in French again. Interesting.

Have schnorkel. Have noticed that it's not much practical use. Aircraft seem to have no trouble picking it up on radar & bombing me. Radar warning receiver antenna must not be mounted on schnorkel.

BTW, if you really want to nitpick, there's some missing descriptive text when you're looking at the various Schnorkel models in base. Can maybe get a screenshot if it would help. Basically the description for the Type X Schnorkel seems incomplete. Game lets you Schnorkel-cruise at 9 kts but I believe it should be limited to 8 or less.