View Single Post
Old 07-10-20, 05:22 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Until upgrading to FotRSUE fairly recently, I'd almost always based out of Midway and Fremantle because Truk never really worked in the stock version of the game. Operating out of Brisbane now, I have had my first ever assignments to the Gulfs of Tonkin and Siam, to my surprise. IIRC, I've had assignments out of Fremantle before the Halmahera (Mios on the NavMap) and certainly to the Celebes Sea, so I would have expected Tonkin and Siam to be under Fremantle control. Is this historically accurate?

Also, who's responsible for the northern area between Korea and China? I've never had an assignment there either.

Any other unusual areas of responsibility?

Boats out of Brisbane did patrol South China Sea, Tonkin, Siam etc once Rabaul and Truk were Pacified by Spring early summer of 44. One reason the base at Manus in Admiralty Islands became so important. US boats did patrol Tonkin and Siam Gulfs in 44 and 45, whole war as far as I know. Would make more sense of send boats from Fremantle but believe it became on what boat was available to patrol on what date.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote