View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 12:03 PM   #619
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5
Default Manual Campaign Progression crashing TWoS

1. Windows 10 Home Edition, Acer Nitro 5, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1650, Intel 15-9300H processor, and 512 GB SSD

2. I use the Uplay download version of the game. Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition

3. The vanilla game works without problems and my game is patched to version 1.2

4. JSGME Screenshot:

I just completed the "Distant Waters" campaign chapter and I am trying to progress to the "Monsun Gruppe" campaign. I did what the instructions in the "Manual Campaign Progression" told me to. I made a manual save game in the bunker, I restarted the game and made a new campaign and used silentotto to go into the Monsun Gruppe campaign. I made another manual save game in the bunker and I exited the game. I copied the 4 files in the save game folder to my "Last DW Save" and then I edited the CareerTrack.upc to match the "Monsun Gruppe" flotilla changes.

Ok so now we get to my problem.

I try to load my "Last DW Save" but it crashes. I tried reloading a different save and it worked, I assumed my problem was that the savegame was corrupt. So I repeated the steps I did from the first paragraph and I tried reloading the second "Last DW Save" and it crashed, again. I'm not sure what could make my savegame corrupt a second time. Maybe a lot of units in the harbor?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote