View Single Post
Old 07-01-20, 03:33 AM   #7
Janus
XO

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

I'm not at all familiar with the navy part of Urgent Fury (did Urgent Fury even include the navy parts of the operation or was that only the land forces effort?), so I would be interested in a longer scenario which is inspired by the events in 1983.

Playability should precede historical accuracy in terms of involved platforms and missions/tasks assigned to the player.
I would not try too hard to recreate specific historical events as it might bog you down and be frustrating. I don't have much DW mission design experience but have learned this from designing historically inspired missions for other games (I made a battle of Mount Longdon mission for the Falklands mod for Operation Flashpoint once).

A single, longer mission might work better when the player drives a sub as it operates more independently whereas a surface platform needs to coordinate more with other platforms controlled by the AI. This is harder to orchestrate and get right in the mission editor I guess?

Do you have any book recommendations on the Grenada invasion (both naval and land campaign)? Or did you use online resources only?
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote