View Single Post
Old 06-27-20, 09:45 AM   #17
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
Pretty sure that engaging time compression does nothing to generate additional ships (other than your being present while additional scripted shipping is released)

I've not explored these aspects of the game yet, but as I understand it there are scripts among the game files that determine when ships are dumped into the Pacific with a set starting position and destination.

From some conversations with the modders, I've learned a little about "spawning"

Ships,convoys, task forces, etc. have certain points and times that they appear. The game cannot handle ALL of everything active at the same time. If you are in a position to cause the ships to spawn, they will. Some (or many perhaps) will not spawn if you are TOO close to their spawning area.

I learned about this on a single mission in TMO. I was supposed to get a supply ship leaving a certain harbor, tried several times, got there in plenty of time, but it never showed up. The problem was I was there lurking before it was time to spawn, and that scenario prevented a spawn if I was closer than 25 Miles. Lurked at 30 Miles, and got it!

Lesson: don't be too close too early.

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote