NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

Hello there,
I am having the bug as per below:
1. Operating System, System spec?
Windows 10 x64 1909, system ROG G712LWS
2. Version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam, other ?)
DVD
3. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems.
Fully updated stock game

4. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!
I dont use anything outside TWOS package, however I did reinstall few times already

5. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2).
AFAIK, yes and see screenshots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aSSRAX5oUYC3rEse6

6. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!
7. JSGME screenshot!
8. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
I played this game before with this mod so I know what to expect but I admin I did not play this one in a year or so.

Anyway, I am doing training mission where I have merchant coming from east going to west and I am the boat will have nice 90deg firing solution.

Now whenever I use the stadimeter either via TDC dials or officer window and I take measure the distance to target that get set in TDC but all previous values that I may have entered such as speed and AOB get reset. This is very annoying especially when target is closer and you are doing final TDC update and then you find yourself you have to re-enter everything.

Quite annoying bug and I dont recall having this issues year ago. Is this new bug? I reinstalled everything and still I find the same issue.

I understand the range is not that important for firing solution especially if gyro is 0 but there will be cases where gyro will not be 0 and I will need range working.

I did some more testing around this and discovered the following:

After I input range I see the message in the message box that my navigator is trying to compute a firing solution. The input of range triggers that action.

once that happens if I go to my officer command and press button reset firing solution it restores all of my data keeping the range input as well.

9. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.
I dont have any savegame as I did this in TDW Torpedo attack under historical missions. As for the screenshots nothing really to show other then TDC having AOB 0 and speed 0 when I set the range using stadimeter. The AOB and speed get back and range measurement is retained if I go to my officer and click reset solution button.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote