View Single Post
Old 06-25-20, 09:10 AM   #10
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTAT View Post
Catcircus, you sir, a savior. Neither have I known the majority of the items below to be fulfilled nor have I found similar information online.

I will definitely try them and respond here.
No problem. These will depend, somewhat, on whether you have a Steam, DVD, or digital download install, and on which OS you have.

My own experience is with a digital download from UBI and Windows 7. With Win10, you probably don't have the version of DirectX already that SH3 installs.

Installing everything to an unprotected location as an admin and running it as an admin is the easiest solution to a lot of issues - it generally won't hurt even if it doesn't help.

Taking ownership means your user account is always allowed to modify files and folders. Do a search on "Win7 take ownership" or "Win10 take ownership."

You may have luck using other WS Mods (I *really* wanted to install the latest MaGUI WS mod), but it may involve messing with dll files, manipulating your screen resolution, etc. For me, the other WS Mods either crash SH3 or they aren't 1920x1080 and result in not taking up the whole screen.