Old 06-22-20, 07:59 AM   #8
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Hey Havan_IronOak
... Yeah, when I set the radio.ini up in the 1st post, I followed the 'rule of thumb' that was described in KMGB mod, to set up channels @ least 10 cycles apart. My guess is, the reasoning behind that was.. to make it so as to NOT have to wait long for the broadcasted station to begin playing. I will see of changing the radio signal cyclic rate a tad & see how it goes from there. ...Mad Mardigan

I've had pretty good results with the changes that I've made. I initially thought I'd created a problem when I sort of Melded a few of the existing mods together but now I'm happy with the way it's turned out.

Quote:
... As for the MusicVolumeOnNews aspect... I left that alone in that regards, since I am NOT clear on what changes, if any to make.
Quote:
...Mad Mardigan

Pretty sure it's as simple as cutting and pasting the MusicVolumeOnNews line with a volume like into each of the station sections in the ini. It seems to my somewhat undiscerning ear that all of the music and event clips that I've encountered are pretty much at the same volume.

Quote:
... With the RadioRealism=, I left that at Yes, for the reasons why you mentioned of setting it No...
Mad Mardigan

To each his own on that. I do like the shuffle aspect of the radio station over the "play the same list every time" option of the gramophone. And I find the "we interrupt this patrol for an airplane" interludes annoying enough to have to keep switching back and forth.

There is also an added annoyance in that your actual Patrol date is not used for triggering radio events. Instead the Patrol Start date is used. I swear that on my last patrol I was sorely tempted to end the patrol even though I had fuel and torpedoes aplenty because I was so sick of hearing the same newscast about civilians bitching about the institution of nationwide gas rationing just before Christmas well into March.

Quote:
... I happen to have a love affair with music.
Quote:
...Mad Mardigan

Me too! I've got a "War Years" playlist set up in Windows Media player that I used when I first started playing this game a few years back and have always enjoyed Big Band and Swing era music more than most of my contemporaries.

Did you hear that Dame Vera Lynn recently passed away a few days ago at the ripe old age of 103?
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote