View Single Post
Old 06-20-20, 03:36 AM   #1350
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1131
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
Still Digging into the files included in the mod. (Am thinking of attempting a small mod of my own)

I noticed when looking in the Sea directory that most of the files in each subdirectory tend to agree as to name with their directory. e.g. the "NCVE_Attacker" directory contains a bunch of files that all start out NCVE_Attacker...

Yet, the NCVE_Bogue directory contains file for both NCVE_Bogue and CVE_Bogue

Is it supposed to be like that or are some of the files leftovers from a rename?

Short answer is that this is a stock game issue, several other units have these different named files also.

Not sure why though, could have been several people working on the same project, using different naming conventions... or a previous SH version being used as a base, and new files just added, without removing the older file works.

If you look at the unit.cfg, you will see which set of files are being currently used.

I notice that many of the ships listed in shipdata.pdf show a class without the N prefix that many of the actual directories have. And since you said in an earlier post that shipdata.pdf is out of date I'm wondering if there wasn't a naming convention change.

In the vast majority of the sea folders, the ships are in Nxx.xxxx names folders, whilst when they are called in-game, the classes have had the "N" removed and possible other symbols and letters.

Again, this has been copied from Stock.

Really just curious. It doesn't seem to affect my game so far in any way.

For more info on the ships and name details, please look here
I have answered your questions in orange..

Last edited by s7rikeback; 06-20-20 at 09:44 AM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote