Old 06-16-20, 04:38 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Radio clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
I recently struggled with getting the KMGB radio mod to work with Captain Midnight mod.

I believe that the radio.ini that you have listed has one issue that I see, Some of the stations are too close together. I missed that the first time I tried and it mattered. Fixing that solved my problem.

I'm not sure why but the KMGB mod was very clear that "Channels should be at least 10 frequencies apart to avoid overlap."

And I think that they need to be in order, but it looks like you're fine there.

Also, MusicVolumeOnNews... As I understand it, that's the volume at which you want the music files to play when an event (such as a news bulletin) has been triggered. I've been using 0.01 for all mine. Not sure why you'd want one to be 0.40 unless you're sure that all the random music in that station's folder is instrumental. Otherwise you'll have folks singing over the news.

I'd suggest you re-assign the frequencies and try it again.

Also it seems to me that the radio is a bit more elegant in that it plays music randomly. The Gramophone uses the same order over & over. I switched the radio.ini to have RadioRealism=No as well. I wasn't sure if that was to add static but One clear benefit is that the radio will continue to play when you submerge. I like to think that I have Filo T. Farnsworth as one of my crewmen and he's rigged up a towed array antenna. (Actually I was just getting annoyed at the radio having to cut out every time an airplane came by.
Hey Havan_IronOak

Yeah, when I set the radio.ini up in the 1st post, I followed the 'rule of thumb' that was described in KMGB mod, to set up channels @ least 10 cycles apart. My guess is, the reasoning behind that was.. to make it so as to NOT have to wait long for the broadcasted station to begin playing. I will see of changing the radio signal cyclic rate a tad & see how it goes from there.

The range in this area, was I believe left open by a wide margin due to the dev's of the base vanilla SH4, realized that there may be ( & rightly so) players of it that would NOT be satisfied with the minimal radio offerings included in the base game.

As for the order, I went with what, at least to Me any ways, made sense in that area. Good to know that it looks right to another, as well there.

As for the MusicVolumeOnNews aspect... I left that alone in that regards, since I am NOT clear on what changes, if any to make in that area would be called for, for it to work.. or if any changes need to be made.

If any have knowledge on this area, I would greatly appreciate insight into that, thanks.

With the RadioRealism=, I left that at Yes, for the reasons why you mentioned of setting it No. I may see of adding in your explanation for setting that to a No instead of Yes, so that other who use this.. after I get it all worked out to work as a cohesive whole can know that this can be done & how to do so. For Me, I'll take the radio cutting out when I go deep due to a aircraft or sighting an enemy ship.

To be frank, I happen to have a love affair with music, love listening to it & feel that with that being the case, is for Me a niche I can field here & maybe.. just maybe contribute back to the subsim community & forward a contribution for others to enjoy.

As it is, WDAD, is sorely lacking as it pertains to the radio & gramophone section.. and am hoping to make a dent in that area being the radio/gramophone Sahara desert it is.. and make it blossom.

At least, that's My hope any ways....

Mad Mardigan