View Single Post
Old 06-16-20, 01:04 PM   #6
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Default Radio clash

I recently struggled with getting the KMGB radio mod to work with Captain Midnight mod.

I believe that the radio.ini that you have listed has one issue that I see, Some of the stations are too close together. I missed that the first time I tried and it mattered. Fixing that solved my problem.

I'm not sure why but the KMGB mod was very clear that "Channels should be at least 10 frequencies apart to avoid overlap."

And I think that they need to be in order, but it looks like you're fine there.

Also, MusicVolumeOnNews ... As I understand it, that's the volume at which you want the music files to play when an event (such as a news bulletin) has been triggered. I've been using 0.01 for all mine. Not sure why you'd want one to be 0.40 unless you're sure that all the random music in that station's folder is instrumental. Otherwise you'll have folks singing over the news.

I'd suggest you re-assign the frequencies and try it again.

Also it seems to me that the radio is a bit more elegant in that it plays music randomly. The Gramophone uses the same order over & over. I switched the radio.ini to have RadioRealism=No as well. I wasn't sure if that was to add static but One clear benefit is that the radio will continue to play when you submerge. I like to think that I have Filo T. Farnsworth as one of my crewmen and he's rigged up a towed array antenna. (Actually I was just getting annoyed at the radio having to cut out every time an airplane came by.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig

Last edited by Havan_IronOak; 06-16-20 at 01:17 PM.
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote