Old 06-12-20, 02:54 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Update...2

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Issues with the radio, are of course, why some folks prefer the "phonograph", because you load your mp3 or ogg vorbis songs into the folder, and you hit "Play", and off it goes just playing one song after the other, with no "station identification" breaks or "we interrupt this program for a special news update!" but of course, there-in lies the charm of the "radio" in the game. Special announcements can occur based upon date, if the author of the mod incorporated them in, which you can look at those dates with Digital Truckers RSM proggy... cool beans, but you can, as you have found, lose hours noodling in the files...

True... true... but.. worth the time & effort when all is said & done. NOT to forget to mention the satisfaction that comes with completion, not to mention successful completion, at that.

Now that you mention it.. I do seem to recall that the Gramophone section was a bit.. Sahara desert, as well...

Could possibly take & copy/paste the songs from out of the Radio section & drop them in there.. to round it out... make it where you could listen to those through either the radio or the phonograph aka Gramophone... something else to add to the do list... ahh heck , I've done stepped into it NOW... another fine mess you've gotten us into Ollie...

p.s.

I do so happen to have the SH4 shuffler mod, that does like what SH3Commander did in the settings option & shuffles the music tracks about, so's that it's not playing them repetitiously, so you get a different start off. Good thing to have, in My book... A shame that there was NOT an SH4 version of Commander done up.. I would but no idea where to start to even begin to see of converting SH3Commander over to usability for SH4... ahh well.. will have to make do with the SH4 Gramophone Randomizer.