Old 06-12-20, 12:29 AM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The cool thing about the "radio" is that you can "change stations". that is in effect what happens when you load the different "stations". The easiest way to manage all that used to be with the use of Digital Trucker's Radio Station Manager. Windows 10 especially can be rather finicky about it, but Windows 7 can also. Once you get it set-up though, it is much easier to deal with the radio stations, and build a set of them that you like. There is a mod discussion thread link on the download page. You have to pay attention to the details with it. Using it on the CBS Radio (can't remember the correct name) can fix the date error in it that can CTD your game. Good stuff, that I wish was update-able, like a mod... lol
propbeanie...

I can so relate about the whole 'wishing I was update-able, like a mod' comment...

First off, want to thank you for pointing out that Radio station manager, from Digital Trucker. It works with Win 10, for Me.. but to be frank, the version I have is Win 10 Pro v1909, updated to the latest (which ironically, occurred the other day, no less... )

Will be looking into using it more, with all the SH variations I have from 3 to 5... have to wonder if I truly know just what I've gotten Myself into though...

In all seriousness... I enjoy listening to music, especially with older music. I grew up listening to stuff from the late end of the 30's & everything from there up. Because of that, may have just found My niche for it what with SH & ensuring that things musical, are in the correctness of timing for them.

That said... have found errors in some of what I have radio wise with this muddle.. and hopefully I can find others who have more.. knowledge, experience than Me, to get through the Jurassic morass.

Seems I am going to have to go through the whole shooting match & cross verify everything. If worse comes down to it, may see of setting up a whole mod structure Myself.. provided I can find info on how to go about that, beyond the bit of digging into this that I've done, thus far...

Just hope I can keep My sanity, throughout it all... ( here comes the I love Myself brigade to take Me away... They're comin' to take Me away haha... ) Now I know how a guy feels, about getting obsessive about tearing down a classic to the bare bones & rebuilding it from the ground up, doing a full out restoration...

Right now, have 1 folder gone through out of it all & going to take a break... We dive at dawn, isn't going any where, so will be there when I come back to it.