View Single Post
Old 06-10-20, 09:42 AM   #14
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The point I'm trying to make is there was right and wrong on both sides back in the day and to put it as simplistically as black versus white today is not fully correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
I have read that some of these protestors now want to remove Nelson from his column because at one point he was known to have supported the slave trade.Well of course he did because in 17th and 18th Century Britain it was rare to find someone - regardless of class who did not. So stop trying to eradicate a history simply because it does not follow our current moral view point. We have a history where lessons can be learned from a history that we can both dislike and be proud of but do not let us destroy it or try to eradicate it.
Are we talkin' 'bout slaves for sugar for rum ""triangular trade" here BBY?!! THey'll have to remove George Washington for distilling whiskey at Mt Vernon with his less-than-hired help first 'still' made today: https://www.mountvernon.org/the-estate-gardens/distillery/ As for tearing down George's monuments and his picture from the World's almighty dollar bill in the name of political coreectness: ...we'll let God handle that chore!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-10-20 at 11:04 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote