View Single Post
Old 06-10-20, 07:49 AM   #9553
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

If resisting to Trump now equals "pouring gasoline onto the fire", then this shows how queer things in the US have become - and beyond repair, I think. Careful, u_crank, such a thinking is dangerously close to state-fascism. The flame thrower in the game is Trump, nobody else, and his fanatical supporters are who supply him with ever new fuel tanks. Resisting to Trump is no spilling of gasoline into a fire - its an ethical imperative due to the excessive destruction of social cohesion that Trump willfully does.

Kornblum just said what I have indicated in the past, too: the system and checks and balance of America were not made to deal with a threat like this. The founders did not imagine something like Trump happening. And how could they have imahgine that? Still in 2015 people considered it to be impossible. Worse is the intentional attack of Russia into American poltics - another sort of threat that the American (and western) state designs and social community and media policy designs have not been made to deal with. Trump - and his forerunners of the Tea Party - is like Covid 19: a new virus that breaks out and infects bodies and cells for the first time ever that have zero antibodies to it since their immune system have never met this virus before. As I see it, it cannot be predicted reliably how the American crisis will end, not even that it will end. Only the trend is clear, and this trend is not encouraging. I have said often enough that the legacy of Trump will stay for long after he has left office, whenever that will be.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-10-20 at 08:02 AM.