View Single Post
Old 06-09-20, 03:41 PM   #414
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
One thing to remember about those "settings", and this applies to more than just the sim files XenonSurf, and you probably have seen it in other games, but most of those "figures" do not correlate very accurately to real world figures, and are sometimes ~way~ off target, having no bearing to reality. Also, especially in this area of the SH4 game, one setting can and does affect others. If you attempt to adjust the "Range" of the submarine, it will affect the "speed" attained. Also, you will find that in-game "helps" do not relate very closely with some changes, as we found in FotRSU, with setting the ranges and the speed for those ranges, as well as the throttle settings used in the cfg file, all messing with the "Range at current speed" button on the submarine's menu. It would initially be what we desired, but as some players have found out, the "range" keeps increasing as they travel, and they use apparently less and less fuel. Of course, I would much have it that way, than to have a continually shrinking range, and the player runs out just after arrival on-scene... I would think that changing some of those settings that they can be applied between patrols. I would stay away from doing anything any more while on patrol... the game is just too squirrellie...

Thanks for the info, Propbearnie, in fact I replaced the files with the TMO_RSDC_OTC package of Ralles pack and I had to restart career to take effect. But my career was not very advanced anyway, so it didn't matter. My speeds are correct now. First time also that I enter in contact with a large convoy in Ralles pack; I still hope to do the same in FORTSU.

Greetings,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote