View Single Post
Old 06-09-20, 11:48 AM   #1257
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz Klum View Post
Hey, was wondering if its OK to post screenshots of the mod in this thread, or if there is a separate thread for that?
Anything "FotRSU" related is more than welcome in this thread, whether you are asking questions, correcting the modders, bragging, or just plain showing-off... We also accept example postings, etc, such as Jimbuna and the SH3 Flying Dutchman - besides the fact that he is a mod and can do most anything he wants to here... - just no profanity, etc., following the guidelines of the SubSim user agreement. (Did I do OK, Jimbuna?... lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I would like to think that I speak for everyone that you can post screenies here.

Anyways, if not, I will make a new thread. Maybe title it "The SH4 Screenshot/Video thread"

I think I'll just do that anyway.

If Pete does come out to play, I won't be a friendly neighbor since seven of my Garden Gnomes have been destroyed.

I think in the next update, you guys should add a mission where you are ordered to shell a radio station or something. That would be very interesting.
I very much dislike it when a garden gnome goes missing, or is destroyed... We have been working on making some such "shelling" assignments. I especially would like the Makin Carlson's Raiders support boat Nautilus shell the lagoon, and have more than ships exploding. Also, an attack on Nauru, the phosphorus island, and other similar assignments. Getting things set correctly is part of the trouble, but we might eventually get there... "exploding", destructible things having to be "ships" is the main problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Hey Mr beanie, while you're changing that _shp file you can do the HeianTender as well because that has an aircraft carrier _shp file as well.
Duly noted previously, since those are "sister" ships, and it was already suspected as such...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
A couple of missing .cfg files Mr beanie, are they using another ships .CFG?.
NDD_Clemson no .CFG file.
NLifeBoat_01 no .CFG file.

This NFD boat\ship is a strange one, I was under the impression that a frigate was a small destroyer type thing, this boat has ???s that need answering.

NFD no _sil file, .CFG file ClassName=Frigate UnitType=11 I've checked the NAMES file and a Type11=Battleship, .EQP file is empty as well, NFD_shp looks as though its a small patrol boat, is this right?.

I'm confused, which doesn't take much doing.
Both my Clemson and NLifeBoat_01 have cfg files in the Sea folder. If you are in a Roster folder, that would mean that they are not represented in that country's Roster. The NFD is the "Flying Dutchman", hence the "FD" of the "NFD". As such, it is a different beast, and does not need those other files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
I have come across a possibly corrupt model for the NPPQ_ Liner. Silent 3ditor fails to display the main model and the majority of the objects that make it up...
That is an experimental construction... I'll have to try to get s7rikeback's or vonDos's attention to come over and discuss, or maybe PM you the details. There is a setting in the nodes somewhere for that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote