View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 04:06 PM   #1223
SebMottel
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Hi guys, thanks for the mod. I've been digging into it, I love the immersion but a couple of things have been bugging me, but it may be me missing something.

1. The briefing of the first mission (US) tells me I need to run on 1 engine while on the surface at night. Is there any way to do this? I have tried every menu and tab and can't find this as an option. Maybe this is just some flavour text, but it's bugging me that I may be missing some shortcut or trick.
2. I'm trying to complete the tutorial for the 90 degree realistic attack. However the ship I'm attacking just doesn't appear in the in game identification manual. I've been through every single category (including merchant ships) This has lead me to just turn off "realistic attacks". Am I meant to be consulting a pdf somewhere instead?

These two things I have Googled ad infinitum, so any help would be much appreciated.

Bonus questions, which I mention while I am here but haven't Googled as much:

3. I have never worked out the relationship between the "gameplay settings" and the "difficulty setting" I select when I start a new campaign. Which takes priority? I would assume it would be the "gameplay settings". But then if so, why can't I alter it when in game? This makes no sense. I never have any idea what realism setting I am running. This is true for all Silent Hunter Games.
4. Is there any way to tone down the garish purple blue colour of the sea? I love the twilight and night colours of this mod, but can't get my head around the royal prussian blue of the ocean. I much prefer the more realistic beige/green of the SH5 WOS mod, or even the light cyan of vanilla SH4, although equally cartoony, the hue is more realistic. Is there part of this mod I can disable?

Many thanks.
SebMottel is offline   Reply With Quote