View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 08:03 PM   #8
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
I'm not sure how a corrupted save file would present. I ran another quick patrol, this time to the Balabac Strait, where I encountered a single freighter.

OTOH, I continued with the patrol following the triple Yamato patrol. Ordered to the south of Honshu in early June 1944, I instead headed for the Philippine Sea, hoping to bag a brace of Taihos or three. On my second air contact of 6/17/44, the game CTDed.

Think I should reinstall the entire program and mod?
that's your call.
these things happen (ctd) for a variety of reasons, the least of which is the fact the SH4 was not written for Win10.
i would reboot and rerun, first.
here is another example. i am playing TMO 2.5 at the moment. been around quite a long time, very stable. the other day, i was in the middle of hunting a convoy and i switched views from the NavMap to the Conning Tower and BAM, CTD. probable cause: main program made a call for another chunk of RAM of a certain size and Win10 didn't have one of that size and because the app has lousy error checking so it just expires. probably.
so, reboot and go back to playing.
unless you are getting continuous CTD or getting them in the same conditions, try re-booting, then clear out the unnecessary crap that gets loaded at boot time (use task manager) and go back to playing.

have fun. good hunting!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote