View Single Post
Old 05-28-20, 05:02 PM   #1131
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Interesting. I have not run into a harbor mine yet, though I have poked and prodded many Japanese-held ports throughout the war.

Especially later in the war, merchant traffic drops off such that I get bored and go port-poking on my way home to find something torpedo-worthy.

If you stay away from enemy ports you will notice that you get more traffic in your campaign, the reason is, as I told above, prolunged port actions will break your campaign traffic, except with special missions where you are ordered to sneak in a port; and after you are done with these missions, be sure to save the game as soon as you are away from port with no unit in sight, this should reset correctly the campaign traffic after reloading game, but no guarantee. If not in special missions, better stay away from ports.
How can you tell if your traffic is broken? You will not get any contact reports anymore like before, as long as you get reports now and then (even when you are out of range to intercept these units) you are ok. But in some early war periods there is little traffic overall in some regions, usually you get reports in a range of 500 miles and not further.

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-28-20 at 05:17 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote